Payments can be paid to:
- Altoona City Hall, 407 8th St. SE, Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm or call 967-5136.
- Deposit Drop Box, behind City Hall, 407 8th St. SE – box is emptied each morning.
- Hy-Vee Food Stores, Customer Service Department – accepts payment between the 15th of the month to the 3rd of the month, but do NOT take payments after the 3rd.
- Automatic Payment – deducted from your checking or savings on the 25th of the month. (You will receive a $5.00 credit on your next bill for signing up on the automatic plan.)
- Online Payment – see below
PAY YOUR ALTOONA UTILITY BILL ONLINE – NOW AVAILABLE
The City of Altoona is pleased to announce the availability of paying your utility bills online. We have partnered with Municipal Online Payments to bring this option to our residents. You may access the online payments website from our website www.altoona-iowa.com. You may also access the website directly at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/altoonaia.
Once you have accessed the website, you can make a one-time payment (called Quick Pay), or set up a Member Account with a unique user name and password. For either option, you will need to know your utility account number (with the dashes) that is found on your bill, AND your last payment amount. If you choose to set up a Member Account, you can view past consumption and payment history, and store your credit card information on the secure site for future payments. You only need to put in your utility account number and last payment amount the first time you set up a Member Account, but you will need it each time if you choose the Quick Pay option.
Our online service provider will assess a separate charge of $1.25 for each online transaction that is made. This fee is retained by the service provider, and is not paid to the City of Altoona.
Contact the Utility Billing Clerk at 515-967-5136 with questions and concerns.