The Public Utilities department is under the general direction of the Public Utilities Director. The Public Utilities Director is:
- Responsible for the supervision and actions of all city public utilities employees,
- Responsible for all supervision of construction, operation, and maintenance of all real and physical property within the city,
- Directs the construction, operation, and maintenance of all city utilities and facilities,
- Cooperate with the city engineer and review plans prepared by the engineer for city projects,
- Furnishes technical assistance to the City Administrator, City Council, and other department heads.